Translate

venerdì 31 agosto 2012

The law of the two or three witnesses.


The law of the two or three witnesses.
2 Corinthians 13:1 THIS [is] the third [time] I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
Obviously the word "every" is well clear.
The law of the witnesses was given from God with a precise purpose:"refute or confirm a truth, human or divine. Usually "our friends" locate what they thinks is the weak ring in the chain and from there they start to attack.
If we consider seriously to the light of the scriptures, and above all on the light of the law of the witnesses, we will see what are the real weak rings in the chain of the great apostate doctrines.
The law of the two or three witnesses was given in the law of Moses and many people maintain that it was given in cases of justice, but instead its purpose was far greater like Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 13:1 It was a real law to prove or disprove eternal truths and even the Lord Jesus supported it in these particular cases like we are going to prove by the scriptures.
John 8:13-18
The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

John 8:14
14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, [yet] my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

John 8:15
15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

John 8:16
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

John 8:17
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

John 8:18
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
Jesus accepted the challenge because He knew that the challenge was fair and here it is interesting also because Jesus compare His Father to a man.
Jesus, previously, had already referred to this law personally.
John 5:31-34
¶ If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 5:32
32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

John 5:33
33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

John 5:34
34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
Also in Matthew 18:15-16
Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

Matthew 18:16
16 But if he will not hear [thee, then] take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
At this point it would be very interesting to garble the great doctrines of the different churches,  if they have no witnesses in the Bible or just one, surely they will fail the test.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento